SIS Group is a world-leading group of companies in the manufacture of artificial grass and in the design, construction, installation and maintenance of hybrid and natural sports pitches throughout the UK and overseas.
With an expanding portfolio of UK, European and overseas clients, SISGrass is seeking an Installation Supervisor.
The main purpose and objectives of the role
You will be involved in all aspects of the planning, organization and delivery of the highest quality hybrid sports turf pitches. The work will involve extensive travel throughout the UK and travel throughout Europe and further overseas, using your skills at high prestige sports and leisure complexes across the world.
The successful candidate shall:
- Be experienced in sports pitch construction and installation and/or groundsmanship, with the relevant technical skills, although training shall be given in the operation of the SISGrass machinery.
- Be highly organized with experience in resource planning and co-ordination; with a passion and commitment to the delivery of a high-quality customer-focused service.
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and some basic IT skills are required with an ability to solve problems, think creatively, often under pressure.
- Have an ability to think ahead and identify risks
- Have a commitment to quality and health and safety.
Requirements of the role:
- GCSE in Mathematics and English or equivalent.
- Experience in working within and/or supervising sports pitch construction, installation and maintenance / groundsmanship.
- Good level of experience in co-ordinating supplies, materials and resources, including manpower, materials and plant on site.
- Highly organized with excellent planning skills and ability to prioritize own tasks and those of others.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with ability to communicate at different skill levels including reporting to clients as well as to site operatives, including non-English speaking personnel.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions, thinking creatively, often under pressure.
- IT skills, particularly in the use of Excel, Word and e-mail systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate to achieve aims without losing the engagement of colleagues.
- General Health & Safety knowledge.
- Full clean driving license.
- Positive attitude – hard-working & responsible, with a commitment to achieving high-quality work and customer satisfaction.
- Calm under pressure with the ability to support others in stressful periods of peak business activity.
Self-motivated identifying opportunities rather than challenges; problem-solver.
- Task-oriented team player – providing support to achieve a common goal.
- Flexible and adaptive to change.
- Ability to take instruction and execute efficiently and effectively.
- HND, degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline e.g. NVQ Level 3 in Sports Turf Management / Groundsmanship.
- SSSTS Certificate
- First Aid Training
- CSCS card.
- CPCS tickets – telehandler; FLT
- Experience in working with, or supervising projects involved with, the development and installation and maintenance of hybrid grass sports pitches.
- Site supervision experience within the UK or overseas, including managing the legal compliance requirements of a construction and installation site.
- Experience in the supervision of health and safety at work and delivery of training and tool-box talks.
- Desire to develop within the company business.
The closing date for this position is 31st October 2019.
How to apply
Please fill our Application Form and send to:
SIS Group Ltd
Glasson Ind Est,
or by email to email@example.com
SIS Pitches is an equal opportunities employer and no eligible candidate will be excluded on the grounds of age, gender, race, disability, religion or belief, sex or