At SIS Group we are passionate about sport, especially the surfaces they are played on.
We manufacture, install, and maintain pitches for some of the biggest properties in world sport including the 2018 & 2022 FIFA World Cups, the 2023 Rugby World Cup and leading clubs like FC Barcelona and Manchester City FC along with many others. We have operations across the world and currently employ over 400 people.
We pride ourselves on innovation and at SIS Group new ideas have a way of becoming game-changing products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. To put it another way, we are on a mission to change the game, for good.
Due to unprecedented growth within SIS International and a high level of business development, SIS are seeking an experienced Contract Manager for our Natural Turf pitches.
- The main objectives of the position are:
To manage multiple installations of natural pitch projects from inception to completion, including the day to day running where required, in liaison with other Contracts Managers, Site Supervisors and the Managing Director.
- To manage, co-ordinate and oversee the planning, design, technical construction, and delivery of the highest quality, high value, natural turf sports pitch projects and to provide a full project accounts management service ensuring that the client’s needs are understood and delivered through a professional and safe delivery of our quality product and service and through an effective informative communication conduit with all project stakeholders.
- To project manage all programmes, ensuring that each individual construction project is accurately forecasted, completed on time and co-ordinated; and that all commercial and operational risks are evaluated, controlled, or avoided. This shall include the contracts management and variance to contracts processes.
- To deliver a technical support service as required, including a full project design service whilst optimizing benefits, costs, and risk control. To provide advice and instruction on the management and delivery of projects. This shall include empowering and inspiring others to deliver the projects successfully.
The role requires extensive overseas travel with long periods away from home.
- Experience in pitch construction including drainage, irrigation, and machinery operational knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety
- Experienced in construction site management
- Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese
- Experience in sports pitch construction, natural turf installation or groundsman ship. However, we welcome applications from contract managers with the right construction skills levels and a positive attitude towards contract management.
You must be highly organized with sound experience in logistics, resource planning and co-ordination; with a passion and commitment to the delivery of a high-quality customer-focussed service. Excellent communication, interpersonal and some basic IT skills are required with an ability to solve problems, think creatively, often under pressure. An ability to think ahead and identify risks is critical, as is a commitment to quality and health and safety.
Salary: To be negotiated depending on experience.
Closing Date: 31st October 2023
If you are interested in applying for this post, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible – all applications will be considered on receipt. Alternatively, you can complete the application form which can be found on our website.
SISPITCHES is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates from our diverse community are welcome and will be considered based on their skills, knowledge, and experience suitable for the role.
How to apply
SIS Group Ltd
Glasson Ind Est,
SIS Pitches is an equal opportunities employer and no eligible candidate will be excluded on the grounds of age, gender, race, disability, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.