SIS Group is a world leading group of companies in the manufacture of artificial grass and in the design, construction, installation and maintenance of synthetic and natural sports pitches throughout the UK and overseas. This includes an exciting innovative product – SISGRASS, a hybrid of natural grass and artificial turf stitching.
SIS has experienced unprecedented growth over the last five years and a high level of business development and expansion is planned for the future, particularly with the SISGRASS product. With an expanding portfolio of UK, European and overseas clients, particularly within the educational and sports sectors, SIS is seeking SISGRASS Machine Operators.
This role will involve operating three types of SISGrass Hybrid Machinery (Classic, Universal & Revolution) in a highly accurate and efficient way to deliver of the highest quality hybrid sports turf pitches. The work will involve extensive travel throughout the UK and, perhaps more exciting, travel throughout Europe and further overseas, using your skills at some of the world’s most famous sports stadiums.
The successful candidate shall be experienced in mechanics and engineering or have a background within the SportsTurf industry. Relevant technical skills to maintain and problem solve on electric / hydraulic and diesel machinery are welcomed although training shall be given in the operation and maintenance of the SISGRASS machinery. You shall be hands-on and practical with a commitment to the delivery of an accurate installation. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required with an ability to solve problems, think creatively, often under pressure. An ability to think ahead and identify risks is critical, as is a commitment to quality and health and safety.
Job Title: SISGRASS Machine Operator
Reporting to: SISGRASS Directors
Location: Significant travel throughout UK & overseas required, working on construction & installation sites as required. Significant periods of time will be based away from home. Full travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses paid, subject to company rules.
Contract: Permanent – Full-time – subject to 6-month probation
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday – 37.5 hours. Flexibility required with regards to when hours are worked to fit in with site and operational needs. Overtime often available. Weekend working will be required during peak periods.
Starting Salary: £27,500K +, with opportunity for significant amounts of overtime.
- Company pension scheme with 4% employer contribution
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Daily meal allowance when on projects equivalent to €45 per day
- Travel globally visiting and working on some of the most iconic sporting venues worldwide.
- Internal progression opportunities.
- Full training and CPD provided
Main objectives of role:
• Operate SISGrass hybrid machinery to a high level of accuracy to ensure the highest possible quality of installation (full training to be given)
• To ensure installation work is undertaken professionally and in full compliance with the client brief.
• Solve mechanical problems quickly and efficiently, to minimise down-time.
• To maintain and operate SISGrass hybrid machinery with a high level of accuracy with an eye for detail.
• To communicate effectively and liaise with SISGrass Coordinators on a daily basis to discuss progress, planning and requirements.
• To communicate effectively with team members, supervisors and lead mechanic to ensure any mechanical problems are solved in a safely and timely manner.
• To have a good understanding and awareness of Health & Safety to ensure that all SIS Health and Safety procedures and works instructions are being adhered to by all operatives and visitors on site.
• To ensure pride is taken and quality is delivered through every stage of the installation works.
• To ensure good housekeeping is kept at all times.
• To operate site plant machinery safely in addition to SISGrass hybrid machinery.
• The use of hand and power tools may be required along with hand stitching / works in smaller areas. E.g., sprinkler heads, post sockets, etc.
• To complete and maintain accurate records of all works undertaken / machine parts changed / spare parts that need to replaced.
• To ensure that all operatives on site, operate the SISGrass machinery in a safe and efficient manner.
• To clean, maintain and store machinery securely at the end of a project, so it’s in good working order ready to be transported to the next project.
Planning, Logistics and Customer Service Personnel
Third Party Sub-contractors
Visitors to site
GCSE in Mathematics and English or equivalent – Essential
Formal qualifications in Mechanics and/or Engineering – Desirable
First Aid Training
Experience working with machinery – Essential
Experience working overseas – Desirable
Good level of experience in maintaining, repairing and operating diesel / electric / hydraulic machines.
Experience within the SportsTurf Industry
Experience within UK or overseas working on a construction site and adhering to protocols.
Excellent communication skills, with ability to communicate at different skill levels including to clients as well as to site operatives, including non-English speaking personnel – Essential
Ability to solve problems and make decisions, thinking creatively, often under pressure – Essential
General health & Safety knowledge.
Full clean driving licence.
In addition to permanent/full time positions, we are also recruiting for Temporary summer positions and freelance workers.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please complete the application form, in full, which can also be found on this site and return to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4pm on 17th February 2023.
Please note that interviews may be held during week commencing 20th February 2023.
We are expecting a high level of response to this vacancy. We will consider all applications but will only be able to respond to those to be invited to interview. If you do not hear from us by 20th February 2023, you will not have been successful on this occasion and we would thank you for the interest you have shown in the company.
How to apply
Please send your CV or Application Form via email to email@example.com or post to:
SIS Group Ltd
Glasson Ind Est,
SIS Pitches is an equal opportunities employer and no eligible candidate will be excluded on the grounds of age, gender, race, disability, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.