Excitement is building ahead of next year’s World Cup Finals, following Friday’s star-studded draw at the Kremlin, Moscow.
While England should (hopefully) ease into the last 16, the draw wasn’t kind to Spain, Portugal or Iceland, with the latter placed into what is arguably the group of death!
The full eight groups were drawn as follows:
stars on sisgrass
With staff, players and supporters of the participating nations planning their trip to Russia next summer, we now know who will be taking to SISGrass at the finals!
SISGrass hybrid technology has been chosen for 6 out of the 12 World Cup final venues, including at the Luzhniki Stadium, host of the opening and final matches.
The opening game pits hosts Russia against Saudi Arabia on the 14th June, with 30 of the 32 World Cup nations playing on SISGrass during the group stages!
This is how the draw panned out for our SISGrass stadiums:
The holders Germany open up their campaign at the Luzhniki, while Messrs Ronaldo, Pogba and co. will hope that they will return here later in the tournament
- Russia vs Saudi Arabia, 14.06.18
- Germany vs Mexico, 17.06.18
- Portugal vs Morocco, 20.06.18
- Denmark vs France, 26.06.18
Messi will be in Moscow alongside world cup debutants Iceland
- Argentina v Iceland, 16.06.18
- Poland v Senegal, 19.09.18
- Belgium v Tunisia, 23.06.18
- Serbia v Brazil, 27.06.18
Gareth Southgate’s men play their final group game on SISGrass-hopefully with 6 points already gained!
- Croatia vs Nigeria, 16.06.18
- Serbia vs Switzerland, 22.06.18
- Spain vs Morocco, 25.06.18
- ENGLAND vs Belgium, 28.06.18
4 interesting games here, with Suarez sure to be looking for another bite at World Cup glory
- Costa Rica vs Serbia 17.06.18
- Denmark vs Australia 21.06.18
- Uruguay vs Russia 25.06.18
- Senegal vs Columbia 28.08.18
The boys from Brazil begin their campaign here, looking to Samba their way on SISGrass to Moscow!
- Brazil vs Switzerland 17.06.18
- Uruguay vs Saudi Arabia 20.06.18
- South Korea vs Mexico 23.06.18
Panama caused a shock by getting into the hat for the finals-can they progress in the final game?
- Peru vs Denmark 16.06.18
- Columbia vs Japan 19.06.18
- Iran vs Portugal 25.06.18
- Panama vs Tunisia 28.08.18
Serbia and Denmark are lucky enough to play all 3 games on a SISGrass surface-so of course we think they will soar through as group winners!
Spare a thought for Sweden and Egypt, who will have to progress to the knockout stages before getting a possible chance to enjoy our hybrid technology!
Keep checking for more exciting World Cup news through our blog and social media channels.
Enjoy This Post?
Sign up for regular updates direct to your inbox