With more sports clubs than any other UK university, competing at local, national and international level, sports facilities at the University are in high demand. SIS Pitches are pleased to provide a durable and high-quality pitch for students to use for years to come.
As a one-stop shop for sports surfaces, SIS Pitches were able to upgrade the existing 3G pitch, which included:
- An upgrade to LED floodlighting, to provide greater flexibility of lux levels, cater for more sports, deliver a financial saving and to fit with the University’s credentials as one of the world’s leading green Universities.
- The introduction of a range of infill retention measures to further support the University’s environmental requirements for the installation.
- The provision of a video scoreboard and PA system to help support spectator engagement, as well as being able to provide playback facilities to support coaching and coach education.
- Extending the length and width of the existing pitch
- The supply and installation of 8m high perimeter fencing, including a bespoke lacrosse mesh solution.
- A video analysis solution, that also provides capacity for live streaming of fixtures.
- CCTV security system.
- American Football goals and the new Harrod 4G football goals
- Bespoke cladded dugouts including lockable storage and data/power points.
Due to be completed in February 2021, the pitch will be tested to the highest standards, FIFA quality for Football and World Rugby regulations for Rugby.
The pitch is SISTurf Xtreme Ultra, our top of the range monofilament surface with PU backing, manufactured in our UK factory, using the most technologically-advanced production process and high-quality materials.
The 3G pitch is just one of the many indoor and outdoor facilities at the university and will be used across a variety of sports.
“SIS Pitches installed the original pitch in 2008 and were delighted to return to the University to upgrade the pitch. We have enjoyed working with the University of Nottingham on this project, and look forward to its completion, so the students can start to benefit from it.”
Stephen Spaven, Sales Director, SIS Pitches
“SIS Pitches were a pleasure to work with. The fact they owned the whole project both sourcing solutions for some of the added value elements (e.g. video analysis, digital scoreboards, bespoke dugouts etc..) and equally managing the relationship with the different contractors meant they did offer a one stop shop solution to the whole project.
Their commitment to being solution focussed for the client meant it felt more like a partnership project.”
Dan Tilley, Director of Sport, University of Nottingham
SIS Pitches were pleased to partner with Gaskell Construction Consultants on this project.