Routine maintenance and dedicated aftercare not only keeps your artificial pitches in the best condition for longer, but can also help in emergency situations, such as flooding.
When the pitch first flooded in 2018, the pitch was fully resurfaced by SIS Pitches using SISTurf Xtreme Ultra, designed to give supreme performance and extreme durability. However, the pitch flooded a further 2 times causing significant damage and movement to the surface.
Some parts of the county received up to 85cm of water in 36 hours.
In the effort to avoid another costly resurface, SISPlus aftercare and maintenance undertook a variety of restorative services including:
- Removed all creases and returned the turf to the kerb edges
- Removed 50 tonnes of old SBR infill
- Carried out a SIS ProClean deep clean service to remove debris, fine dust/contaminants from the infill and turf whilst conducting a full decompaction to the remaining infill
- Carried out a SISCleanse specialist anti-viral and anti-bacterial treatment to the entire field including fencing, dugouts and perimeter pathways
- Added 50 tonnes of new SBR infill to the pitch
- Brushed and groomed the field
- De-rigged and cleaned compound area
“The pitch had already been replaced once. Rather than resurfacing for a second time, we worked with the club in order to restore the pitch instead and we are really pleased with the results, it looks good as new!”
Luke Edwards, SISPlus